Kolligian Library, Room 101
Regular Office Hours (will resume Monday, January 9th)
Monday: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Tuesday: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Wednesday: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Thursday: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Friday: 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Please note: While our office is open as noted above, OIA staff may be working remotely on a given day. For details on schedules, visit the International Student and Scholars and Study Abroad sites. You are also welcome to contact individual OIA staff.
Mailing Address & General Contact Information
Office of International Affairs
5200 N. Lake Rd., KL-101
Merced, CA 95343
tele: (+1) 209-228-4722
fax: (+1) 209-228-4708
Office of International Affairs Services
- Schedule an appointment with the appropriate Study Abroad staff member (see responsibilities)
- Visit the Study Abroad staff page in the MyStudyAbroad Portal for appointments, drop-in hours, or other contact information (cell phones for voice and texting, email, Whatsapp, etc.).
- Attend Study Abroad Events
- Are you ready to submit your MyStudyAbroad application? Just click submit and if you have further question you can email your study abroad advisor or drop into zoom hours.
International Students & Scholars
- Are you a new international student who has questions on how to obtain your UC Merced I-20 or DS-2019? If so, you can email Lacey Long-Vejar. Are you a current student who needs information on CPT,OPT, Academic Training or any other questions regarding your F-1 or J-1 student visa? For all current student matters, you can also email Lacey Long-Vejar. Her direct cell phone number is (209) 259-8913.
- Are you a J-1 Exchange Visitor teaching or researching at UC Merced? You can email our J Scholar Visa Specialist Rico Johnson. His direct cell phone number is (209) 355-1018.
Do you have questions about employment-based visas (H, O, E-3, TN or Permanent Residency)? If so, you can email Becky Mirza. Her direct cell phone is (209) 355-0913.